For the large-scale European cooperative project Big Pulse Dance Alliance, HAU Hebbel am Ufer/Tanz im August seeks to appoint as soon as possible a
Project Manager (f/m/d)
Big Pulse Dance Alliance (BPDA) is a network of European dance festivals that has been brought together by their common aims/interests for developing and innovating new ways of strengthening the contemporary dance sector. It has been granted funding for a multi-annual cooperative project by the European Commission’s framework programme Creative Europe. The 12 network partners will collaborate in producing new work, scouting for talent and fostering advocacy for dance. Lead partner is Tanz im August, the international dance festival produced by HAU Hebbel am Ufer in Berlin. The BPDA’s main activities will begin in 2021, and the duration period is 4 years.
The project manager’s tasks include:
- Overall responsibility for the administration, planning and budgetary control of the project in close collaboration with the management team of the partner network and the individual project partners
- Liaising with the European Commission’s Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) and the EU project officer in charge
- BPDA project progress monitoring according to the agreed BPDA objectives in close consultation with the partners’ project managers/administrators
- Coordination of the network’s various working meetings (management team and partner meetings, workshops, evaluation sessions, intensives), based on the principle of organisational co-responsibility within the partner network
- Monitoring of the provision of general activity and financial reports within the partner network
- Planning and coordination of BPDA activities by Tanz im August according to the specified work packages/activity plans within the framework of the overall project
- A university degree in humanities, arts, cultural studies or cultural management or an equivalent training (a university degree is not absolutely necessary in the case of sufficient attested professional experience)
- 5+ years of experience with publicly funded international project management and administration (EU projects are an advantage)
- Knowledge of the European performing arts scene (familiarity with the dance sector is an advantage)
- Responsibility, flexibility, ability to work with a network of international partners, ability to work on own initiative
- Communicative ability, high organisational competence, creativity, resilience
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good managerial knowledge and skills
- Business skills in the area of accounting and controlling
- Confident use of office software and digital communication tools
- A full-time contract with a monthly salary based on the TV-L (pay scale grouping in the Berlin public sector)
- Employer’s pension scheme (VBL, national pensions institution)
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- The support of a committed team
HAU Hebbel am Ufer/Tanz im August sees diversity as enrichment. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religious creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Applicants with disabilities will be given preferential consideration with equal qualifications.
Please note that we are unable to cover any costs resulting from the application process.
Please send your detailed application with a CV in PDF form and by e-mail only by 4 January 2021 to email@example.com.